Remember this peanut butter oreo cupcakes with oreo and peanut butter frosting that I made awhile ago? It was such a big hit amongst the readers and also at the fund raiser for RSPCA. That was awhile ago and I wanted to do something with oreos again. So I went for Oreos and cream cheese combination. I still don’t understand why the oreos bought in Australia isn’t as good as the ones in the US. Can anyone explain why? I can’t wait to get to US/Canada and get my worth of oreos back to Australia! If you are in SF/Vancouver/Toronto/NYC, please leave a comment or email me if you like to catch up. Shall correspond details.
These mini Oreos cookies and cream mini cheesecake can be eaten in 2 to 3 bites. It keeps really well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just make sure that it is covered! I love the speckles of Oreo bits
Mister and I could not stop at one. We were going to give most of it away but ended up eating them all ourselves! Chin chin to our ever expanding waist line but happy laugh lines on our faces[print_this]
- 14 cream-filled Oreos, 10 left whole, and 4 coarsely chopped
- 220g of cream cheese, room temperature
- 50g of sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 100ml sour cream
- 3tbsp of baileys
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream, baileys and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight).[/print_this]