This Saturday had been crazy! After a mad rush during the day to run our various errands and being stuck in bad traffic, it felt great finally to be home. I bought 2 potatoes from Pharan for our very late lunch. I still had more bacon jam and so it was a great excuse to make sure of it. Not that I need an excuse. It is perfect to eat on its own with a spoon!
- 2 large waxy potatoes
- 4 tbsp of Bacon jam
- 1 tbsp of soft butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g of grated cheese of your choice
- Julienned parsley
- Pinch of paprika
- Use a fork to prick the potato all around. Rub the potato with olive oil and bake it in a preheated oven of 200 for at least 45mins or until soft
- Silt lengthwise and scoop out the potato flesh. Mix in the egg yolk, bacon jam, 1/2 the grated cheese and add seasoning accordingly. Mash and mix till it is nice and smooth
- Scoop the mixture back into the potato casing. Add the rest of the grated cheese and back into the oven for 10mins or till all the cheese has melted
- Sprinkle some paprika and parsley on top and serve.
By the time we had lunch, if you call it lunch, it was almost 5pm. It was nice to finally sit down and dig in. The baked potato had an almost smooth creamy texture that had bits of googey cheese and bacon jam. I love the slight heat from the paprika. I can eat this everyday. And if you like to add more richness to this dish, add cream to the mixture
What is your favourite topping for baked potato?