Having had pork dishes from Cutler & Co, Rose Garden and our friend, Wendy, I thought it will be good to end this weekend with pork for dinner cooked by me!
I went to Sambal Kampong in the middle of the week for lunch and had a similar dish. So I decided to make it for dinner and as a lunchbox special. Very simple and easy dish to cook.
Ingredients (Serves up to 8 people)
- 1 kg minced pork (get some pork shoulder and mince it – need some fats in this dish)
- 3 middle sizes eggplants
- 750g long beans
- Garlic & fresh red chillies
- Dried baby shrimps
- 2 tbs Chinese Shaoxing wine
- 1.5 tbs mirin
- 2 tbs black vinegar
- 2 tbs light soya sauce
- Pinch of salt & many turns of white pepper
- Heat up 2 tbs of peanut oil in wok and add chopped garlic, red chillies & dried baby shrimps
- Brown the minced pork and add both eggplant & long bean and stir and mix it through
- Add the black vinegar, soya sauce, shaoxing wine & mirin. Season well!
- Allow the dish to simmer in the liquid mixture and pork juices until eggplant & long bean is cooked through
- Add more white pepper if required. Serve with hot steaming rice
I may just have a fried egg & a drizzle of black soya sauce on rice with this dish tonight! Simple pleasures in life. And another weekend filled with great food & company. What else can a girl ask for?