What a week! I am glad that it is almost over. It has been a bit of a rough ride with a project launch. I just find it difficult to fall asleep when there are a millions things to do and I’ve this feeling that something may go wrong while I’m in lala land. My eyebags are reaching my chin and I feel 10 years older.
My unwillingness to sleep can also be blamed on the multiple late nights that I stayed awake during the World CUP, Wimbledon and Tour De France. I need to get back into my proper sleeping pattern again. But wait….. the EPL is starting soon!
Mister has been away from most part of the week so I am pretty much home alone. I kept this week’s meal very simple and took whatever that is in an empty refrigerator and made something.
- 2 packets of tempeh (Pepita and sunflower)
- 100g of vermicelli, soaked
- 200g of frozen peas (or fresh if you have any)
- 400g of carrots, diced
- 21/2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1tbsp of mirin
- 20g of fresh ginger, julienne
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced (optional)
- 150ml of vegetable stock
- Salt for seasoning
- Soak the vermicelli in warm water. Allow it to soften. Set aside
- Add ginger and chillies into hot oil. Fry till ginger is lightly brown. Add the tempeh and allow to brown on all sides. Then stir in the carrots. Add 150ml – 200ml of stock. Cover and allow the carrots to soften. Takes about 5 mins
- Uncover and add in the softened vermicelli. Stir it around to loosen. Add the mirin, soy sauce and fresh peas. Combine everything together. Add more liquid if required
- Serve hot with chopped coriander and some sambal on the side if you love the heat!
I am looking forward to a nice weekend with catching up with my friends that are coming over for steamboat! And also seeing a dear friend that has just returned for a visit. Now, this has actually place a smile back on my face
What do you cook when you are home alone for the week?