We had one of the most fun weekends this year. First, it was chocolate breakfast at The Langham, Melbourne with fellow Nuffnang food and fashion bloggers. Then it was off to Melbourne Good Food & Wine which @cloudcontrol and Mister where we spent a fantastic afternoon tasting beautiful wines and watching Masterchef judges, George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan at the Celebrity Theatre (Thanks to @myfoodtrail). This is followed by a Banh Mi blind tasting on Sunday.
A teaser photo. A blog post coming soon.
This is very simple and honest dish made by Mister. We make this dish with a variation of noodles quite often for the week. It is a no brainer but one of my favourites. I may be a food blogger but certainly not very fussy with foods. If we had the time, we will cook more extravagant meals but having to work long hours, simple foods like this is just as comforting.
- 500g vermicelli
- 500g semi-fried tofu, sliced
- 250g fried tofu puffs, quartered
- 1 medium onion
- 500g bean sprouts
- 1/2 head of chinese white lettuce
- 2tbsp of lemongrass shallots paste (replace this with chilli paste or fresh chillies)
- 3 fresh chillies, finely diced
- 3tbsp of oyster sauce (get the bottle with no MSG!)
- 5 eggs
- Salt and white pepper for seasoning
- Soak the vermicelli in cold water. Slice the white lettuce and blanch in hot water for about 1 min. Remove and set aside
- Throw the onions into hot pan and saute it till it turns translucent. Add the whipped eggs and allow it to cook on one side and then turn over. Do not scramble too much. I like it chunky
- Drain the vermicelli and add to the eggs and onions. Mix around and then add the condiments. Combine thoroughly
- Add the blanched lettuce and bean sprouts. Combine. Taste and season
- Once all is cooked, serve hot with a side of home made chilli sauce
I will write a post about the very simple chilli paste/ sauce recipe another time. We add it to fried rice, noodle dishes and also used in stir fried. Super versatile.
And thanks again hunnie! I would never had made this week’s post if not for you and your help.