Totally inspired after our brunch at Miss Jackson, I decided that I will make corn fritters as part of this week’s challenge. I will consider corn as a very humble and versatile dish. It can add colour, flavour and texture to a dish. It can be eaten simply by itself, roasted and topped with a nob of butter and a sprinkling of salt. I mean who doesn’t love corn-on-cob? And also not forgetting the sweet corn dessert back in Asia. Can you think of any other corn delights?
- 2 fresh corns
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- A few springs of coriander, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 75g of plain flour
- 1tsp of light soy sauce
- Salt and white pepper for seasoning
- Sweet Chilli sauce for dipping
- Use a sharp knife to slice the corn kernels. Mix in the garlic, light soy, coriander, chillies, eggs and flour. Just need to make sure that the mixture is firm enough to hold everything together
- Add a spoonful of corn mixture into the hot pan and pan fry each side for at least a minute each
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of salt on top and with some sweet chilli sauce
I like the freshness. I like the crunchiness from the corn itself. It was sweet, nutty with a very slight hint of chilli. I made quite a nice size batch for weekend snacking. And we brought it to work for lunch a long with salad and a pot of sweet chilli sauce. I had the nod of approval from Mister. That is good enough for me.
Corn as a dessert or savory corn?
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…