I made this awhile ago to kick start the healthy challenge with Tekkie. It has been going well. But as the weather gets colder, it is getting harder and have changed the routine from mornings to evenings instead. I hope he has lost some weight and I definitely feel better and enjoying my RPM classes a lot more. There is a lot more fruits in our diet. We are still trying to find the right balance in our lives. Too much temptations and distractions!
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 10g of butter
- 2/3 basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Note that I use individual cast iron pans for this. So I shared the ingredients between the two.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Heat the butter and olive oil in the pan.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook over low heat. Add the tomatoes and increase the heat to medium and allow it simmer for about 10mins
- Beat the eggs, salt, pepper and basil leaves and pour into the pan. Shake the pan to spread the cooking evenly.
- Place it in the oven for 8 mins. Remove and serve with chunky bread or with a nice simple salad
Cherry made a delicious Chana Dahl this week. That is something I will like to be able to make and eat in the near future. After so much Easter eggs and hot cross buns, I am sure a simple and meatless dish is more than welcoming this week.
How many eggs did you go through this Easter?