I am always on the lookout for simple and yummy meatless recipe every week. This week’s meatless day dish is inspired by Christine’s Stewed Beancurd Puffs with Daikon & Carrot. It fits the bill and it has been awhile since we have cooked with daikon or also known as white radish. Daikon has a nice subtle sweet but clean taste and it takes on flavour really well. I love it chunky in soups or julienne raw and served in salads.
After a trip to Footscray market, I decided to ditch the tofu puffs and got Enoki mushroom, baby corns and fresh shitake mushrooms. This dish is a collaboration of myself and Mister. I prepped the ingredients, he cooked and I took the photos. And I have to say it turned out pretty good.
- 2 large daikon, sliced or diced
- 3 large carrots, sliced or diced
- 250g Enoki mushrooms
- 100g baby sweet corns
- 100g fresh shitake mushroom
- chestnuts, chopped
- 2 fresh red chiilies, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp oyster sauce
- 60ml of shao xing wine
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1tsp of sesame oil
- Heat the work with 2 tbsp of peanut oil. Add the chillies and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the daikon, carrots, baby corns and stir through
- Add oyster sauce, shao xing wine and sesame oil. Stir through to coat the vegetables. Add the stock and allow it to simmer for about 15 mins or until vegetables are al dente
- Add in chopped chestnuts and the mushrooms and allow it to simmer for another 10mins
- Serve hot with chopped coriander or chives as garnish
I can’t believe that it has been 12 weeks since I started this challenge. Sometimes I do struggle to think what I could cook for the week. It is easy to search the Internet and blogs for ideas but it is hard to find quick, easy and interesting ideas. I am still urging you to join me. It can be quite motivating.
So will you join me?