The first International Incident Party of 2011. I hope everyone is well and good and ready to rock 2011. I have recently set up a GROUP and a FORUM page for #iip. I am not a coder and still trying to tweak and figure out the site. There is no more need to email the link and recipes to me. All party people will have to sign up, join the group and post the link and image (300px X 300px) to the assigned thread (example - here) I will still do a round up every month and if it is your birthday month, please remember to leave a comment so that I am able to acknowledge and link up to your blog
I love hot dogs. Hot dogs to me is about summer, the beach, after a heavily alcoholic night out and “just because I need one”. It is a complete meal in a bun. The protein, the vegetables, the carbohydrates and the unami. The protein is the meat and in this case, the panko chicken breast. The vegetables is the spicy tomato sauce. The carbohydrates is the lovely home made hot dog buns. The unami is of the course the cheese and more cheese. And I added chilli flakes because I needed more kick!
Remember these buns that I made after 3 tries?
I actually popped this back into the grill after adding more cheese. I am a cheese freak.
And voila! This recipe makes for 2 big portions. Make sure you have a huge appetite The Shaw River buffetta had quite a mild taste and is a feta style buffalo cheese.
I have added three types of cheese but it is entirely up to you. Choose the cheese that has a high moisture level that melts well. The more the merrier![print_this]
- 2 home made hot dog buns (recipe here)
- 1 chicken breast (260g), butterflied and flattened
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 11/2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 60g of grated Parmesan
- 100g of crumbed buffetta
- 60g of Fior di latte (just because I had leftovers and wanted to use it all up!)
- 1 cup of panko crumbs (you can get them at Asian grocer. if not, just replace with breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- Dried chilli flakes (optional)
Spicy tomato sauce
- 120g of cherry tomatoes
- 50ml of sparkling apple juice (or you can use white wine)
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 1/2 shallot, very finely diced
- 1 birds eye chilli, very finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Have your hot dog buns ready. You can either buy them or make them yourself. Then start on the spicy tomato sauce. Place some oil into a small pot. Add the finely diced garlic, shallot and chilli into the small pot on a fairly low heat. The shallot should turn soft
- Bring the heat up and add the diced cherry tomatoes. Combine and then add the sparkling juice. Bring it down to a simmer and allow the tomato sauce to cook till all flavours are combined and is the right almost thick consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Chop all parsley and lemon zest. Add them to the panko crumbs and mix it up
- Place the flattened chicken breast into the beated egg and then into the crumbs. Make sure every area is crumbed. Place into the hot sizzling pan and cook it for 1 couple of minutes on each side or until the crumbs are golden brown. Place on paper towel
- Turn on the grill. Place the panko chicken breasts on the tray. Add the spicy tomato sauce on each. And then sprinkle half of all the cheeses first. Add dried chilli flakes. Add other half of all cheeeses and sprinkle on more chilli flakes if required
- Put the chicken under the grill until all the cheese has melted
- Butter the buns and then add the grilled chicken and cheese and serve hot!
Please check out what the rest did by clicking on the individual thumbnails below: