When someone mentions sparkling wine, I will think about beautiful seafood and sitting in the sun and just indulging myself silly. The people at Wolf Blass has come up with a dessert recipe instead. It is served with newly released Wolf Blass Yellow Label Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling. It’s a lovely Belgian Waffles with sparkling strawberries and lemon cream. It seems like a romantic type of dessert that can be shared with your love one or if you like me, it’s all for me and only me! LOL
Quick and easy recipe by Wolf Blass.
- 1 punnet strawberries
- ¼ cup Wolf Blass Yellow Label Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling 2010
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup pure cream
- 1/4 cup lemon curd or lemon butter
- 8 Belgian waffles
- extra lemon curd or lemon butter, for serving
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Wolf Blass Yellow Label Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling 2010, chilled, for serving and indulging
- Hull and halve strawberries. Combine with Wolf Blass Yellow Label Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling and sugar and allow to stand for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, lightly whisk cream and lemon curd together until soft peaks form. Just before serving, lightly toast waffles and, on individual serving plates, top four waffles with sugared strawberries, a dollop of Lemon Cream and a teaspoon of extra lemon curd and sandwich together with remaining waffles
- Drizzle plates with syrup from strawberries, dust waffles with icing sugar and serve with a glass of chilled Wolf Blass Yellow Label Pinot Noir Chardonnay
Wolf Blass is celebrating the release of the 2010 Yellow Label Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling Brut, the first sparkling wine to be released under the Yellow Label range. It is RRP $17.99 and is available at leading liquor retailers.
To celebrate this release, I have a gorgeous hamper valued at $90 to GIVEAWAY! The hamper includes two bottles of Wolf Blass Yellow Label Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling Brut, as well as a selection of South Australia’s finest gourmet food products, including chocolate covered coffee beans and hand-made biscotti.
Simple entry and rules:
- This is open to anyone in Australia with a valid Australian address
- You can enter by either using your Facebook account or name and email address
- You will receive one entry for each of the task completed below. You may choose to leave a comment on this blog everyday for an extra point.
- To enter, select the entry option and click on the +1 Do It button next to it and follow the entry instructions and record your entry. You will have to do this every time you enter the giveaway. Each + 1 = 1 extra entry!