This is very simple chocolate cupcake recipe. This is a special birthday present for Ms J as she will be leaving Melbourne and heading back to Singapore next Wednesday. Most girls are crazy about chocolate and so I decided to make exra rich & sweet. Just for her.
- 60 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 120 grams flour
- 120 grams raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 80 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp full cream milk
- 60 grams softened butter
- 300 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the mixing bowl
- Add sugar, eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth. (It took me a few minutes) Please make sure the sides are scraped down
- Fill the batter up to 1/2 full in the tin
- Bake for about 20 minutes and use a wooden toothpick to test. If the stick comes out clean, it is ready!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before icing the cake
- Add cocoa powder to hot milk and stir till they are mixed through
- Add the butter, icing sugar & vanilla to the mixture. Mix it until they are light & fluffy. If it is too thick, add a little warm water or milk
I bought some hazelnut white chocolate. I chopped it up and used it as the topping for the cupcakes. It is a treat for chocolate lovers.
I hope Ms J loves the cupcakes. A tad rough but it comes from the heart. Best wishes to her future endeavour and will miss her smile and wit! Happy Birthday lovely!