What a lovely weekend and I wish I was in a better state to enjoy it. I felt really lethargic and totally unmotivated. I wanted to cook something really fuss free but tasty. My initial plan leading to the weekend was to slow roast a hogget and make a pie or something. Alas those ambitious ideas were thrown out of the window and replaced by this humble and simple oven roasted chicken wings.
It’s Spring and this is the weekend that I start spring cleaning the pantry and use as much of the ingredients and spices possible. I found dried chipotle while going through my dried chilli collect and decided to use it in this recipe. I love how the paste came together. The paste has a nice kick and also sweetness.[print_this]
- 1kg of chicken wings, separated in drumsticks and wingettes
- 4 dried chipotle
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4tbs of peanut oil
- 2tsp of salt and extra salt for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200C. Soak chipotle in warm water until quite soft
- Once chipotle is softened, blend it together with 2tbsp of oil and garlic cloves to form a paste. Or you can use the mortar and pesto. Add salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken wings with the paste and 2tsp of salt for at least an hour. Great if overnight
- Place chicken pieces on a tray and make sure that they are spread out evenly and into the oven it goes for 50mins
- Turn the chicken pieces half way through. Once it is ready, take the tray out and it is ready for snacking!
I love how these chicken wings turn out. A nice touch of chilli heat and just so good for snacking. I also used the flavoured oil from the tray and made some fried rice with vegetables.
I felt a little better after the first bite of the wings. Things still seems pretty shady but at least I had a little window of tastiness. Do you have a cure for moodiness?