The cold weather has started to kick in and comfort food seems to be the answer to warm our bellies. I had heaps of fun creating and eating this dish. Perfect with a glass of white.
- Chicken breast
- Quail eggs
- Fresh thyme (from the garden)
- White wine
- Puff pastry
- Poach the chicken breast in water (use chicken stock if you have any) and thyme
- Cube the potato till it is almost soft
- Boil the quail eggs till it is cooked. Shell them and put it aside.
- Preheat oven at 180°C
- Saute the chopped onion & chorizo first. Add the peas & potato cubes. Add the chopped chicken breast and thyme. Season well.
- Scoop the mixture into ramekins. Add the quail eggs & white sauce. Grate some nutmeg on top of the mixture.
- Cover the ramekins with puff pastry. Egg wash the puff pastry.
- Place the ramekins in the oven for 20 – 25 mins (till puff pastry is brown)
- Serve with some green/tomato salad on the side