I have not been feeling too well lately. As much as I love Spring, I hate it as well. It brings pollens of all sorts. My head weighs a ton and I feel like a bloated goldfish. Despite the pain and blurry vision, a sick girl needs to eat. The last time I used my cute little cast iron pan was to create Baked eggs with black pudding. I had leftover double smoked bacon, Parmesan cheese and asparagus from the weekend. Plus, plenty of eggs. So in my fluffy state of mind, I decided to make a frittata.
- 3 large eggs
- 80g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 diced double smoked bacon
- 3 stalks of chopped asparagus
- 1/2 tbsp of butter
- Whisk the eggs and 50g of grated cheese together. Season accordingly
- Add a drop of olive/cooking oil into the pan and add the butter. Swirl to coat the pan. Add the diced bacon and chopped asparagus (except the 3 heads) and saute for 2 minutes
- Pour the egg mixture and turned down to medium-low heat. Grate in the rest of the cheese. Place the asaparagus head into the mixture and wait for the sides to slightly bubble up before placing it in the oven
- Place it into a pre-heated oven of 180º on the top rack for 15mins (Timing depending on the size and depth of the pan – Please adjust accordingly. My pan was only 31/2 inches in diameter and so the frittata was really thick!)
- Allow it to rest for a couple of minutes when taken out of the oven
- Slice and eat!
It was soft, fluffy and moist. And of course, cheesy, the way I like it! I ate it as it is but it will be lovely with a nice green salad and a glass of white! 3 eggs for one person is quite extravagant but I’m a sick puppy so anything to make me feel better is fine!
What is your favourite frittata recipe or what is your favourite egg recipe?