I have little to write. Is this what you call, writer’s block? I am just stuck for words. Maybe I am too tired tonight or it may be my premature hayfever. I had a misty cloud hanging over my head and I find it hard to concentrate on anything for long periods of time.
What I do have for you is this little trick that I picked up from @eatlivtravwrite when I stayed over at her place in Toronto. Instead of holding the piping bag in one shaky and unstable hand, she had the piping bag in a tall glass. This made scoping of the icing into the piping back so much easier and cleaner process. Thanks for the tip babe!
This recipe is taken from Honest Cooking. This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.[print_this]
- 2 1/2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp (4.5g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (4g) baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp (3g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (1.2g) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (1.2g) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (0.5g) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp (0.5g) ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 lb (6-7) carrots, grated or peeled
- 1 1/2 cups (287g) granulated sugar 120g
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (337g) canola oil ( I use rice bran oil)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8oz (227g) cream cheese
- 2/3 cup (134g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (122g) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together, starting with the oil, sugar, eggs, and then adding in all the dry ingredients and stirring well till combined.
- Add in nuts/raisins/pineapple slices to your liking!
- Scoop evenly into muffin liners.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs attached (or clean).
- Whip the cream separately in a clean bowl till stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, whip the cream cheese, sugar, and extract together (with any food colorings) till it’s well blended.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the bowl till it’s well combined.
- Smear or pipe it on a cupcake
I do like the cake. It is very moist and much lighter in texture. The frosting was a little flat. I must whip the cream more next time. But overall, it is a soft, fluffy and spiced up carrot cupcake.
I need your support to be one of the three food bloggers to fly over to Malaysia for a foodie adventure. I need your votes please and please help spread the word. The “like” button is at the bottom of the page. Please and thank you!