It was a spur of a moment. I had craving for bread pudding. So I bought 2 croissants home and decided to whip a very quick and easy bread pudding. I have to warn you that it is a little naughty as well. But the good thing is not no sugar is required and added leatherwood honey that I bought in Hobart. Hopefully that makes up for the naughtiness that I have added to this otherwise, simple bread pudding.
- 300ml of full cream organic millk
- 2 croissants, cubed
- 11/2 tbsp of creamed Leatherwood honey (You can use normal honey. Taste accordingly)
- 1/2 freshly grated nutmeg
- 30g of butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- Chunks of chocolate fudge
- 1/4tsp of vanilla essence
- Preheat oven at 180C. Add milk and butter into a saucepan. Heat it up and stir until all butter is melted. Add the honey and a good grating of nut meg
- Pour the mixture into the cubed bread. Soak for about 10 – 15 mins
- Add the whisked egg and vanilla essence. Pour over the bread and milk mixture. Grate a touch more nutmeg. Add a little chucks of chocolate fudge
- Place in the oven for about 40 – 50 mins or until the center is set
- Serve hot but beware of burning your tongue
We could not wait long enough for it to cool down before having the first mouthful.
The leatherwood worked really well with the chocolate fudge. Both held its integrity. The leatherwood had such a unique aroma and stronger when there is heat. Sweet and also smells of forest. I am really happy at how well it turned out. Mister is not a fan of bread pudding but I think I managed to convert him with this.
So did you think that going sugarless made up for the sinful chocolate fudge?