I love eggs. Scrambled, sunnyside up, poached, boiled, steamed, baked. I love them all. It is a definite must have on my breakfast menu on the weekends. To cook the perfect egg is not an easy task. Extreme care is required. And timing is crucial. The pefect egg is a matter of preference. What is perfect for you may not be for another.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 6 thick slices of black pudding (I sliced the amount I required and chuck the rest back into the fridge)
- 4 eggs
- Dukkha (An Egyptian blend of spices & nuts)
- Spiced mango chutney
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 160°
- Place a small knob of butter and olive oil into the pan
- Place sliced black pudding into a low heat pan with olive oil
- Crack 2 eggs into the pan and allow it to sizzle a little to create a crispy bottom
- Place the eggs into the oven and leave it for 5 mins or until the yolk is almost set
- Finely chop some parsley
- Remove the eggs from the oven. Sprinkle dukkha on the eggs
- Spoon a generous amout of spiced mango chutney and place the black pudding pieces onto the eggs.
- Sprinkle finely chopped parsley on top
- Serve with warm toasts
This dish gives you the freedom of coming up with your own combinations. Smoked fish with cubed avocado and chilli flakes. Or just some nice grated soft cheese with seasoning of black pepper.
It will be great for you to share your eggy experiences! So please do