Have you ever craved for something chocolate or cake but too lazy to turn on the oven and whip up something that will most likely take more than 30mins from start to finish? So many times I go to bed felling sorry and regretting why didn’t just get off the couch and bake something sweet. And then I discovered the infamous 3 minutes chocolate cake in a mug on twitter. Many thanks to @Bridget_CooKs and her recipe, I had a moorish chocolate cake in a mug that evening and went to bed very contented. And many nights after as well. It is such a great quick fix to sweet tooth idea.
If this was made in a mug, it will usually overflow and rise in the mug. Very lovely to watch. Makes me drool all the time. Keep adjusting every time you make it. Less sugar, more milk…. this quick and easy cake is quite forgiving
The photo does it no justice but I promise you that it is not too bad for a few minutes of work. Mister is not a big fan but I love it. It isn’t the best chocolate cake but it is a lazy and quick chocolate cake that satisfy my sweet tooth. It can be made for one and best of all, washing up is easy. Do you have a quick go to dessert to share?[print_this]
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsps oil
- 1tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp chocolate bits (optional)
- 2 scoops french vanilla ice cream (optional – which is why I cut back the sugar from 4tbsp to 2tbsp)
- Sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
- Mix and combine flour, sugar, cocoa, egg, milk, oil and vanilla essence in a mug or bowl ( I use a bowl this instance as I have ice cream and strawberries) until creamy and ribbon like texture
- Place the mug or bowl into the microwave (high) for about 3mins. Take it out, add ice cream or whipped cream with fresh strawberries
**Please note that microwaves may vary. 3 mins on my microwave was a little too long. We tweaked and 21/2 mins seem to work perfectly for us.